Sunday 8 April 2012

How everything started...

Yesterday and today I'm thinking about how everything started for me, some months before coming do Doha. I remember the girls I met in my interview, 2 of them I had the privilege to met in Doha again and are the best portuguese friends I could have here.


I remember being seated with one girl in a hotel in the North of the country waiting for the final interview when she said "I think we all will pass this interview". In her words I could feel somehow that she was right, that we really would pass this final test and the probability of coming to Qatar was huge! I felt excited and nervous at the same time. I knew this would change my life forever. All my habits, routines, mind, ideas... but I guess, never my heart and those I love.

So, she was right. And so I came do Doha. During the 3 months since I got the call and I got into the airplane I had to manage a lot of emotions. It was hard to say bye and dive into a new world alone.
I came without knowing anybody, and today, after 10 months here I feel I can move easily. Of course I still struggle with some daily things but we will always struggle with something in our daily life.
Tough I feel my experience here is not going to last many years I feel this is my place now to grow and learn about myself deeply. I feel I'm preparing myself to the BIG step of my life: decide where to live, what to do and fight for my love.
I truely believe Doha was/is meant for me now. Its strong and heavy energy is helping me (in some kind of painful way sometimes) to break the ties I had with the past so I can be free from within and smile whitin my soul!

This journey has been a wonderful experience, full of lessons... and thank God, I got to know real friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment