Sunday 22 April 2012

Establishing limits

I confess, I have a problem establishing limits. I seriously don't like that. For me, everybody should understand my limits naturally and respect my space before my mouth saying something. This is what I would like to have but unfortunatelly/fortunatelly is not like that. I understand that we are all diferent and due our differences people can not guess exactly my limits and I understand that.

Though, this has been a struggle for me since I'm sharing the house with someone I did not choose to live with.

After struggling about whys and hows I thought to myself that imposing limits is also about choosing either with who I speak and share my thoughts and with who I do not.

After my discovery I felt a little bit better about the situation as I said to myself it was enough. I allowed someone to try to destroy my kindness and it was almost impossible to believe I have allowed so. When I said enough I was actually saying to myself I deserve happiness and good people surrounding me. Why shoud I put myself in a place where someone can hurt me or be rude with me? I have done it again but now I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment