Wednesday 3 October 2012

WOW - I should say!

My life is moving again... new friends arriving, friendships getting deeper and deeper and new challenges on the way!

For those who know me, I don´t dare to try a dance floor if I don´t know the basic steps of a dance - I just don´t! I will stay watching and trying to learn and figure it out if that suits or not my soul.
So, yesterday, I had a BIG challenge - SALSA night! What?? Yes, salsa night! I was invited by a new friend and I felt like going just to make some company and... watch! 
But someone UPSTAIRS had bigger plans for me (Thank YOU!!) and I found myself being leaded by all the new friends I met. Another challenge for me - for a person who is used to be THE man, woman and everything in one single pack called moi, being leaded was the biggest challenge of all, forget the steps...
Trusting in somebody´s movement, somebody´s hands to touch your hands to lead you and being close to someone (body by body) is far more difficult than memorizing the steps... so, I accepted the challenge and I made it... somehow!

I was just wondering how can people think that oriental dance is sensual and provocative and salsa is completely acceptable. You have to SEE people dancing salsa from all their guts, body to body, heart to heart... It´s absolutely fascinating, it will catch your eyes, your heart and rythm, but still, oriental dance is the evil... and you dance alone... I think I´ve been missing something here!

No comments:

Post a Comment