Thursday 16 August 2012

Some weeks ago I moved house here in Doha.

The story started some time ago when I felt like moving into a house with a friend or with someone I knew simply because I didn't want to go through the same experience I had. Sharing a house always takes a lot of commitement and tolerance and if it seems easy, believe me, it's not. Sometimes it's not easy to share with a family so imagine with someone you barerly know! So, I wanted to move desesperatly but all my effort was heading me to zero. There was no flat available for me. I accepted the idea that all my prayers weren't being answered because it wasn't time for me to move. I had something to learn about that experience... and today I can see that. After some time, when I wasn't event thinking about moving house, I got the opportunity to do it. I looked to the sky I said "really? I wasn't thinking about moving anymore... Are you telling me that the lesson was accomplished and I can do it now?". After thinking a bit about moving house and said to myself "Let's try, if my request is approved then it was because was written...". So, I left to Heaven's will to decide what was better for me. And the answer was YES! I think I still can't thank enough about it. I moved to a better house and I'm much happier than before! The house has more light, even if my room is smaller at the same time the closet has much more space to stow all my things (and how many things we have and don't realize...!!!!). The house looks like... a home! The sofa in the living room is perfect to take a nap in the afternoon and I see myself taking even better meals, specially breakfast, than before. I never skip a good breakfast now.
There's no rush, I just manage the time perfectly before going to work.
Oh and from my room I have a beautiful balcony where the birds come to sing in the morning. I feel much better and blessed in this new house... just the privilege of listening to birds in my morning can change my mood like this :)
About my new flatmate so far I couldn't be more happy. She is tolerant, communicative, funny and has a good heart!
What a change it in my mood hein?! :)
The process of moving was funny tought. Even before moving, or getting the approval I felt like they would say yes, so I set my mind to start packing my stuff and sending to one of my friend's house, who lives in the same compound. The first 3 (some big) suitcases, one heater and one cover were sent and it was funny how my friend was saying "everything will fit in the taxi, I'm telling you, it has to!". I remember when we entered the lift with the suitcases and were squeezed by them... ehehehe.
but this was nothing! Then, the BIG moving happened some weeks ago when another friend of mine, who fortunately was also off, came to help me. From packing (because I didn't have time to pack everything as I arrived late the previous day of my moving from work) and stowing everything in the taxi it took more than one whole morning since 9 or 10 am. Almost at 12pm we finished packing and started to do trips ex-house - new house by taxi... 3 journeys, some phone calls, new keys and the move was done! My house was a mess, of course, and after breaking the fast with my friend who helped a LOT that day I started to feel like home. At night another friend came to help me and it was amazing how quick things went once she came and said "Yalla, let's go" - she reminded me how my mum is like this, like a militar as I say for fun.

I was in my new house and after everything was stowed I felt like I could start again a new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment